Welcome to our school website!
This website has been designed for our students to share their learning journeys with everyone and to inform whanau of current events and information specific to our school.
Ahipara School Values
Ahipara School is a PB4L school (Positive Behaviour for Learning)
and we have four values.
These are Manaakitanga, Respect, Tikanga and Perseverance.
Te Hiku Education Trust CHROMEBOOKS 2024
For those of you who would like to purchase a Chromebook order forms containing further financial details are available in the school office. If you have any questions we are more than happy to assist. Just pop into school and see us or give us a call.
Purchase comprises a 'bundle' that includes:
★ Acer 733C Chromebook with 3-Year manufacturer's warranty (from January 2024)
★ Targus hard shell carry case with charger pocket
★ 3-year Acer Device Care Plan with nil claims excess (from January 2024)
★ Delivery and set up at your child’s school, including Chrome console management license ready to support your child's learning.
Your Chromebook includes 3 years warranty against manufacturing defects, and a Device Care Plan providing cover for accidental damage, theft and loss. (see details below). You must opt in to this benefit which will ensure that any disruption to your child’s chromebook availability is minimised.
Payments and Financing
Families wishing to purchase the device bundle up front in full can do so for $ 518.00. Financing is available through a Credit Sale Contract with Te Hiku Education Trust.
Where a credit sale contract has been signed, the regular automatic payments must be put in place as per the table below. Please do this through Internet banking or contact your bank.
All payments are made to the Te Hiku Education Trust bank account. 12-3096-0319342-00. Please include your child's name and School in the payment reference. All financed bundles require the $40 deposit to be paid to the Te Hiku Education Trust bank account, and a signed credit sale contract before a device can be delivered to your child’s school.
Please contact Ahipara School for an application pack or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acer Device Care Programme
Your Chromebook purchase includes the Acer Device Care Programme providing protection for accidental damage, theft and loss.
Your Chromebook comes with accidental loss and damage protection associated with the Acer Device Care Programme.
Acer care is a safeguard for your Chromebook against accidental loss and damage. It includes priority customer support, multiple complete repair services, and replacement of your device where necessary. Acer also has provided a warranty with your device to repair or replace the device you have purchased if it has manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship when dispatched from their warehouse.
Acer Device Care Programme is not an insurance product, it is an incident repair service offering bundled with Acer Chromebooks devices for Manaiakalani Education Trust.
Looking after your Chromebook
You need to look after your device using the Kawa of care as a guide to make sure it lasts and stays in good condition. To keep your Chromebook, you and other people safe please do the following:
1. Don’t eat or drink near your Chromebook.
2. When charging your Chromebook don’t have the cable where people can trip
3. When working at a desk or table keep your Chromebook away from the edges.
4. When working on the floor choose a space where people won’t trip over
5. If your Chromebook is left by itself it should be kept hidden from view and in a locked room, building or car (example under a seat or in the boot).
What you can claim for
You can claim for accidental loss and damage with the following exceptions:
● Up to 3 claims are available over the 3 years
● Only 1 replacement claim for each associated device
● A replacement claim will mean no further claims are available
What is excluded
● Loss or damage caused by war, nuclear risks, civil unrest, pandemics
● Dishonest acts or deliberate damage by yourself
● Theft where there is no forced entry (example outdoors, unlocked car, cafe)
● Consequential losses
● Lost or stolen data
● Liability arising from your Chromebook ownership or its use
Acer Device Care Programme does not cover electronic data if a peril causes any total or partial destruction, distortion, erasure, corruption, alteration, misinterpretation or misappropriation of Electronic Data.
What to do if your Chromebook doesn’t work or is damaged or lost/stolen
● Report your loss or damage as soon as practicable to your school
● If your device is stolen you need to report the loss to the police as soon as possible
Ahipara School Production 2020
Thank you to Alvin Alvrez for the amazing footage.